Thursday, May 5, 2011

Feliz Cinco De Mayo!!

A few weeks ago I called my sister at work. While we spoke, she received her PTO slips and she was telling me that she had been approved for all the days she requested. Naturally, I asked her what those days are?

1. Dr. Appt
2. Hair Appt.
3. Cinco De Mayo

I followed up with at "WTH? your taking Cinco De Mayo off?"
She says "Um, YES GIRL!"

Alright so I should have known better. We have celebrated every year for the past 7 years ( Only remember back that far because that's how long I've been an SAHM and have been able to partake in the festivities). We typically meet at a restaurant and listen to music and simply have a good time. Through out the day our friends and family come and go. But  today I figured I wouldn't go because I am lazy, and a homebody. But, then my cousin posted this video on Facebook:



And every time I hear this songs it reminds of the countless occasions where our family has been around Mariachi's and because this is one of my grandma's favorite songs (and after a few shots of tequila) she starts to sing it LOUD not with the Mariachi's she IS the Mariachi!! ...then someone always asks her to interpret it and I can hear her now...doing just that.

Then this video was posted




And this is another frequent request from my family. While these are two very, very common Mexican songs, they never cease to make me dance, sing and want to be with my girls....oh and I am totally craving a beer right now.

So, I am OUT! To be with the beautiful women in my life and listen to some Mariachi..AY! AY! AY! AY!

ADIOS! 

No comments:

Post a Comment