Saturday, October 1, 2011

Here's to the Freakin' Weekend!

This week has been great. My little guy started preschool, I have a blessed 2 hours and 45 minutes EVERYDAY! to create brain space. I love it. It's amazing! He loves school, too. I also love his reaction when I pick him up. "MOMMY!!!!!" huge smiles and hug so powerful I have to brace myself. Completely priceless :)




We got our CSA box - Always a highlight. Nothing like a giant box of gorgeous organic veggies delivered right to your doorstep. May as well say "Happy Birthday!!!" or whatever... Yeah, I am bit of a foodie. Will travel miles up and down Cali (literally) for food. 


Tonight I dropped my little people off with my mother-in-law for the weekend. My husband is sailing/fishing with his friend in San Francisco for the weekend. (on this boat, I'm trying real hard not to be jelly ) 



So it's just me and my man-boy for the next two days. So he's currently taking up the whole couch playing Gears of War 3 (why is it, teens make relaxing look like defacement? Seriously...why can't there be cushions on the couch WHILE you sit on it?)



and I'm blogging all the while thinking that I should be mopping. 

My to do list this weekend consists of things to do solo (because he needs time to play Gears) and things with him, because he's cool like that.

Tentative to do list: 
Have lunch with a friend while my boy attends his club car wash fundraiser
Go hang out downtown tomorrow night with my boy
Go to the Cemetery - Solo
Listen to a sermon by my favorite bay area pastor - Solo
Bake cookies for our neighbors  - hmmm....he may join in just for the dough
Go to my favorite nursery and purchase a California Native plant AND actually get it in the ground before it dies  - this one's iffy...
Watch this documentary with my boy  http://www.pelada-movie.com/
and we may just scratch all these plans and go wherever the winds blows. Any big plans for ya'll this weekend? It's kinda the first real Fall weekend here, seems to be lots of stuff going on! May it be blessed and carefree. 

Peace Out! 
Tracy




No comments:

Post a Comment