Friday, April 22, 2011

Drama King...

Today a hard decision has been made. My man-boy decided to leave, right in the middle of his chores. All of a sudden he was gone. I waited about 30 minutes and he didn't return. He had no cell phone, nothing. I called his dad and he began looking for him.

You see, he and I have had a difficult time lately. Lots power struggles, ridiculous arguments ones like "Quit arguing with me, Alexander" his response, "YOU, quit arguing with me, then I will quit!" Arguments that make me want to rip my hair out!! Sibling rivalry stepped up a few notches, too! There is just so much chaos.

So, today he chose to leave.Apparently he took the light rail to his dads neighborhood. At some point in the evening his dad called to let me know that he is with that side of the family. So, I told him that Alexander needs to come home. Take care of his responsibilities. He is not an adult and he does NOT get to choose when he can leave. I went to pick him up and he stood his defiant stance. CRAZY! Never saw THAT look on his face before. I didn't even recognize him. He was not my son. His dad did not support me and neither did his grandfather. I was in their territory and I had no one to support me. It was pointless, me being there.

I turned to Alexander and told him. I will not support him as long as he is treating me this way. I will not pay for soccer, will not buy him things he needs as long as he is able to get away with these things he's doing to me and our family. I turned to his dad and said " I hope your happy, he's yours for now. Congratulations!" and walked out.

Tonight, they made it OK for him to walk all over me. They made it OK for him to mistreat his sister. They made it OK for him to take advantage of me and disrespect me. I was fighting a losing battle. He has sucked so much of my energy from me. All month long it's been like this. I fought and fought and fought and tonight was just too much. We need more stability in our household for my little ones. They deserve stability. My son will be cared for at his dads, he will be fed and there will be boundaries although different (vastly different) from mine.

Yes, it was hard. I am guessing it will get harder. Who knows? Will he see the grass greener on the other side? Will he miss this family he is so accustomed to over here?? The structure?? Most would say, yes of course he will. But the look on his face tonight was unrecognizable, he was not my kid, not my boy...I know, I already said that but seriously...  This part of parenting sucks.

As for now, I have to regain control over my household, my sanity, my center, my faith.  Excuse me while I go pick out some nail polish.

No comments:

Post a Comment