Monday, March 28, 2011

Skipping Church and Rocks...

Because I am training for a marathon, our Saturdays are cut short. I leave for a run around 9 or 10, come home and then have an ice bath and then shower...so it takes up about 4 hours of our day.
So that leaves Sunday for us to do something together as a family. Today I decided I wanted to make a real breakfast and then I wanted to take the kids on a river walk. I made breakfast -whole wheat french toast with blueberries, walnuts and maple syrup. Coffee (2 cups, thank you very much :)) and orange juice. Then we took off to meet some friends at Sutter's Landing. It was a beautiful, perfect day. Our kids threw rocks, jumped in puddles, chased trains and dodged rabbit chasing dogs. I wrestled with the idea of  skipping church, because I do believe that worship centers me for upcoming week.
But after moments like these...







I am centered. Refreshed. Connected to the Lord and my family. I hope you all (my 6 consistent readers, to whom I appreciate...but would love some comments XO) have a blessed week.

No comments:

Post a Comment