Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Finally...one night down!

It's been almost 7 years since my husband and I have had our bed to ourselves. We've been married for 7 years. Desiree slept with us for her first 3 years and right now the middle of our bed is occupied by Dominic, he will be 4 in August. There have been scattered nights here and there where they just happened to not wake up and wander into our room. Never have they gone to bed in our bed, they just end up there, eventually. I also, love it. I love to cuddle with my kids. To wake up and see their peaceful little faces in the middle of the night are moments I will never forget.
However, I also love cuddling with my husband. I also want to see what I will look like and feel like once I am not waking up all the time to readjust a child who is sleeping across the tops of our pillows. So we had to do some minor redecorating to get make sure that we set ourselves up for success. My man-boy gets up super early, he has zero period (school starts at 6:55 for him). He and Dominic share a room. So we bought bunk beds and Dominic is now sleeping in Desiree's room. So, Alexander can get up and get ready with out worrying about waking anyone up. 
The first two nights were miserable, there was so much of me ready to just give in and say "forget it, it's not worth it". Typical, crying, pleading "can I pleeeeaaaasssse cozy, mom?" ugh.. rip my heart out. Then last night it worked...and I am SO relieved. I woke up this morning and thought "NO WAY!" He did it, he slept through the night. 
So another milestone down. Another transition and it feels good. Of course, this is in no way the end of sleepless nights. And I know there will always be sleepless nights, thanks to my mom who says that once your a parent, you won't ever sleep again. ha ha 

Off to take my little guy out for the day and then for some promised Fro-yo. Yes, there was a little bribery involved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment