Saturday, January 15, 2011

Behavior Modification 101

 The pick ups are going well since the day I made my man-boy  walk a couple blocks.  I give him 4 minutes to get to the car. It's working.

Dominic still sleeps in our bed. I do not sleep anymore, he takes up all my space. The more my kids verbalize themselves the more space I need . I need sleep. I miss my husband.

Last night was the first night where we explained to Dominic that he is going to sleep in "his own bed". He said "yeah, I want to sleep in "your own bed" "No, YOUR own bed, son". So he woke up around 1am and stood out there in the hallway with all of his accompaniments (3 felines of some sort, two hot wheels, and his lovey) whining a little, I walked him back to his bed and tried to encourage him to lay down. After 15 mins. he wore me out.

So, I woke Richard up and said "it's your turn, go put Dominic to bed" He got up, picked up Dominic and put him in "OUR OWN BED!?!"  I was like (in my head) "Dude, WTF?" . He turned around and fell asleep. This morning he did NOT remember how he single handedly sabotaged our fail proof plan. He said "tonight, babe. I'll do it tonight. I promise."

I foresee another night of "Three's Company".

No comments:

Post a Comment