Friday, March 11, 2011

Coming back ...STRONG.

Since I have last posted so much has happened, which I can't fully discuss right now. Simply because it's too much and it's too hard to put into words. I am in a different space these days.

My husband works a lot! I feel like I am single mom right now. It's hard and I am tired. Thankfully yet sadly when my husband comes home from a 12 hour work day, he does the laundry and cleans up as much as possible...he's a hard working man and I have so much respect for him. I feel as if we haven't spent much time together in a while. I miss him. We need a weekend without the kids. Enter issue #2

Dominic is sick with the stomach flu. So the thought of my kids going anywhere, anytime soon is out of the question. My poor guy. I hate seeing him this way.



I also hate cleaning up the throw up. I pray he's better soon. I also pray that it doesn't spread around the house.


I am loving photos. It's only way to describe my next issue (#3). Which is what's going on with my man-boy...


Dear Parents...think LONG and HARD before you buy your child a cell phone ( I must say I did NOT buy him the first cell phone or any of the above, his dad did without my consent...UGH). The top phone is his latest indiscretion (he's been grounded from cell phones and any personal electronic device where he's allowed outside contact with that world out there). That will be dealt with today after school. YAY for me!

Yeah, I think once he graduates high school I will have enough to go into a resale business.

Anyhow, all the above along with my personal, intense family issues I was struggling. Yesterday was the first day of lent. I haven't been to church in a few months. I have been to their functions but I haven't heard the Word in a long time. I went on Ash Wednesday and I cried so hard. It felt so healthy, I felt lifted. It's what I needed. It's what I need. I typically do not give up anything for lent. I study and strengthen my relationship with God. I teach my children to do that also. With all my struggles, my marriage, my children, my family. I, for the first time, have given them all to God. That's why I cried. For this year, I have given up something. I have given up the control over my life. I am here to live by my faith.  With all this going on, I feel STRONG. Even in my weakest moments, I have God.

No comments:

Post a Comment