Monday, September 26, 2011

It's all in the training.

I've been crazy busy for the past two months. Things like, teenage training, potty training and chicken training! Neither of those three include my daughter, except that she's the one whose doing the chicken training. 7 years old, it's magical! 

My son, Alexander is home  YAY! His dad and I split custody %50. It's hard to have him out of the house that much but it's working. He's happy and I believe his dad is happy (not really, but more on that later) we are happy though. My little ones have missed him a lot and he's such a big part of our family it certainly does feel complete now that he's back home. 

My little guy....well I've pretty much slacked on the potty training. I just couldn't keep up the fight all the time. I also was a going crazy after two accidents in a day. So I chalked it up to he's (I'm) not ready and left it alone. Then last Friday I simply asked " Do you want to sit on the toilet?" He said yep! and while we waited...it happened!! OMG!!! I wanted to scream, I was SOOOO freakin' excited!! but I knew I would scare the crap out of him (pun intended) so I just remained calm and we finished up and then we celebrated with a mini candy bar and a call to his dad. Amazing...no more pull ups aside from one at night. He's done a great job and he's so proud of himself. A new found freedom for him and for me, both of which weigh pretty heavily. 

BAWK! BAWK! Yes, we've got chickens! Sometimes even I can't believe it! But after being around a few different families with chickens our family decided to go for it. They are so fun and adding so much life to our home. All of us take a great interest in them, including my man boy. They are about a month old and I am looking forward to blogging about them from time to time. 

I had a great summer and I am looking forward to the Fall. More on all the above topics, plus...babysitting, medals and a new job, oh and the real shocker, CAC meetings otherwise known as "The PTA". (insert stabbing motion in addition to horror music here).

Much love until then...
XO, 
Tracy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment