Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Gearing up for Summer Vacation

My daughter has been home from school for two days now. She has a bad case of asthma this season. She's getting albuterol treatments 4-6 times a day and if it doesn't get better by tomorrow then she will receive her first dose of a steroid boost. I do not like my kids to be on any medication, except breathing is vital to their existence...so I am making an exception :) BTW: My daughter is hilarious after her treatments...another plus!

Including the weekend Desiree and Dominic have been home for 4 days together and it got me thinking about our summer plans and how we are going to spend our time. Typically I am stressed about all the down time and worried about them fighting and being in each others grills all day but the past few days they have been doing a great. They are playing together, napping together and definitely taking care of each other. It warms my heart to see them love each other. Yes, they do fight. Don't get me wrong but it's becoming less and less of that and more often than not they are able to work things out between the two of them.

We have run into some old friends and we are hopefully hooking up this summer to hang out. One of my closest friends put a pool in, so I am now her NEW, BFF LOL! Gotta love friends with pools. If you have a pool and you invite me to swim, I will feed you. Damn, good food, too!!! I promise :))

I think I have told you that I am training for an actual marathon. This weekend is mile 13.5 and I am so excited. I had a crazy mental block at 10 miles, I ran it over and over again 3 times and felt terrible afterwards.

 But now I have an "ambassador" trainer ( my life becomes more and more like Jerry Maguire all the time) only she's not an ambassador of "Kwan" she's an ambassador of running. She's amazing. She's 30 and she's run quite a few marathons and half marathons. Every time I have a concern she says "You should be fine" and that's it. I mean what do you say to that??

 Well she ran me past 10 miles, past 11.5 and now we're going on 13.5 and it's going to be a good things. She's optimistic about everything. I love her! I haven't told her that or else she'll think I am crazy!  But it's a good thing... My marathon is in July, planned that well, right? Can't wait to run 20 miles when it's 80 degree's outside at 7:30 am...but, I should be fine, right??

How do you spend your summers? Any exciting vacations planned? I'd love to hear from my readers and if you choose not to comment (weep), thank you for stopping by and spending precious time out of your day reading about my nonsense :)

No comments:

Post a Comment