Monday, March 14, 2011

Today was a GOOD Day!

My days have been long and at times difficult since our family tragedy (I am working on a post to fill you all in). I don't go many places or see many people other than those I am very, very close to. Yet, today felt normal...maybe the new normal. I woke up slow, thanks to my super, awesome husband who stayed late to take the kids to school. I baked today, too.  Dominic played in flour, salt and sugar and got ridiculously messy. The rain was beautiful and when the sun peeked out, I ran outside to see if I could see a rainbow...none today...but it was still fun looking. I got a call from a dear friend who invited me and the kids to go bowling. We had a great, fun time all three of my kids, whom all love bowling. I made dinner and left to the gym and worked it out there. I was happy today, I felt Joy all day. It's been the first time in a long time.
I, attribute this to the positive, healthy decisions I have made only within the last week. I decided I wanted peace and Joy again and  I went back to Church and joined a bible study group with one my best friends. Positive decisions = positive results. I hope you all had a beautiful day. I'd love to hear about your favorite moments, if you'd like to share.

Here's what I baked.



The recipe is  from Broke Ass Gourmet's blog. Try them, they are fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment