Wednesday, June 15, 2011

5 Months...

Dear Ashley,

It was 5 months ago today that you were taken from us. There isn't a day that goes by where I don't think about you.

The way you use to imitate Giada DeLaurentiis, or Anjelah Johnson. Your love for food, good food. Your love for Audrey Hepburn.Your individual style.You worked hard.

You were a proud young lady. You were proud because you chose to be proud. You chose to be comfortable in your own skin. From day one, you didn't compromise yourself for anyone. You said what's on your mind, you did what you felt was right. Even though you didn't always choose the right path, you always made it right...you learned and that's living.

You lived, Ash. I am proud of you.

I see parts of you in my daughter and I can only pray that she continues to have the courage that you had. It's so cute when they have role call at school, her reply back is "Peace Out". I know you would think that is so funny, you were a "Peace" girl, too.

I know you have peace in your heart. I know you are with God.

Because of you I have more peace in my heart than I have ever had. Because of you, I understand that everyday is truly a gift and at anytime it could change. Well, it does change.

Today, I heard this song by "The Band Perry" over and over again. It's beautiful. It gives me a real good cry. We need those once in a while, right?

Here's to you Ashley. Auntie loves you.



No comments:

Post a Comment