Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Back Story...

I am 33. I have a 15 year old. Yes, I was much too young when I had him.
When I got myself knocked up my first thought was to have an abortion. Then I started thinking about how I can make this work. I figured my boyfriend and I would work it out, I mean surely the love of a baby will fix any disfunctional up relationship right?
I finally told my boyfriend after I was about 2 months along. Then my boyfriends mom told my mom. That was a low, low point in my life. I broke my mom's heart . It was the ONLY time I have ever heard my mom say the "F" word. Specifically..."Everything is fucked up NOW!!" My dad didn't speak with me for a few months and my sister told me not expect anyone to help me raise him, especially not his dad. I didn't want to believe her but she was right, for the most part, about his dad that is.
So here I am 15 years later and yes, I parented for YEARS with out his dad and still am to a certain extent. My mom loves him ( I think he's the favorite LOL) and my dad adores him.  I have a good, great, loving, smart boy I am realizing that parenting a teen is a completely different ball game. He's a mini-adult with strong opinions and he needs to be and FEEL loved and given freedoms and have strict boundaries all at the same time. It's juggling and sometimes I drop all the balls at once and that sucks!
So thanks for watching my juggling act. I will try and keep you entertained as much as possible. Hopefully with more sweet successes than bitter failures. Before you go... Here's a picture of us...

No comments:

Post a Comment